Senior Project Manager
My Client, located in London, ON is currently engaged in a series of initiatives aimed at modernizing the various technology platforms in use. One of the key initiatives involves the selection and implementation of a new ERP platform to replace the aging on premise ERP platform currently in use, and to build upon desired analytics and business intelligence capabilities. This mission critical ERP platform is responsible for vendor purchase orders, customer sales orders and inventory management. It also contains the master general ledger and associated financial processes such as accounts payable and accounts receivable.
We are looking for hire a Senior Project Manager who will perform the following functions in relation to the ERP platform upgrade project:
Plan the project
- In collaboration with the Executive Sponsors, establish effective project governance. Delineate the accountabilities between the Executive Sponsors, the Project team and any Steering Committees.
- In collaboration with the Executive Sponsor and Project Steering Committee, establish SMART business improvement objectives to guide the project’s efforts. Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the key stakeholders to replace/enhance the existing ERP platform and realize the intended business improvement objectives.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Create a roles and responsibilities matrix
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project in small and digestible pieces as well as an overall project plan
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities and takes the organization’s learning curve into account.
- Review the project schedule with management team and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion i.e., project quality assurance criteria).
Implement the project
- Determine the roles and responsibilities for project team members and work with the Executive Sponsor and IT Leadership to recruit the right individuals to the project team
- Determine the required membership of the various committees required to guide the design and implementation of the new system and work the Executive Sponsor and IT Leadership to recruit the right individuals to the same.
- Lead the assessment and selection of a vendor and product which meets the Organization’s business requirements for an ERP platform
- Execute the project according to the project plan, revising the plan as required during execution
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate team in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Provide mentorship and guidance to internal Organization team members to bolster their confidence and skill sets regarding business transformation using information systems. Provide input into their annual performance reviews with respect to their duties on the project.
Control the project
- Prepare weekly status reports on the project for management consumption, using a best practice status
- Perform on-going issue and risk management; maintain active issues and risk registers and escalate as appropriate to the Project Sponsor or Steering Committee.
- Establish and follow a scope, schedule and budget change control process.
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures. Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance management team on a regular basis
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Manage the project schedule reporting and revise as required while keeping the Executive Sponsor abreast of any changes and revisions
- Manage the project scope via a formal change control process.
Evaluate the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- 5+ years experience working within the distribution sector
- 10+ years project management experience leading large scale projects (> $1 MM)
- Experience leading a large scale ERP implementation for a national organization with multiple locations.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA or advanced degree desirable.
- PMP certification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to influence others and work effectively across geographies and functions
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction and oversight
Please send cover letter and resume to Maureen@2A3group.ca or call 519-858-8880.